With more and more people across Australia relying on their broadband services for all sorts of purposes, it is little wonder that a rising number of people have become interested in enjoy greater speeds, data limits and reliability over recent years. Whether you are using your broadband service for your own personal use or for business purposes, you will find that ADSL and ADSL2+
broadband could prove ideal, offering you fast and efficient access to the Internet and enabling you to conduct a variety of activities online with ease and convenience. ADSL and ADSL2+ are amongst a range of broadband and Internet technologies that can be used to get online, with others including technologies such as cable broadband or satellite internet services.In order to connect to the Internet using an ADSL connection you need a number of things, which are an Internet Service Provider, a telephone and a modem. Once you are set up on ADSL you will be able to enjoy increased speed and convenience – far greater than you would get on dial up services. ADSL stands for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line and this is a form of broadband that has become increasingly popular as demand for greater reliability, speeds and convenience amongst internet users has grown.If you have looked into having ADSL broadband you may have noticed that you can get both ADSL
services and basically there are a few key differences between the two technologies that are worth noting, as this will provide you with the chance to make a more informed decision with regards to which is the best technology for you. So, what is the difference between ADSL and ADSL2+? Well, some of the key differences between the two technologies are outlined below.
ADSL broadband is a broadband technology that allows you to always be connected to the Internet, which is a luxury that those on dial up broadband are unable to enjoy. This means increased convenience and ease when it comes to getting online. With an ADSL broadband service you can:
- Enjoy an always-on connection: With this technology you can be switched onto the Internet whilst also being able to make and receive calls, which means that you have an always-on connection
Top ADSL Broadband Plans
- Use your existing phone lines: With ADSL broadband you are able to access the service and the Internet by using your existing telephone lines, which can mean greater convenience and lower costs
- Benefit from greater speeds: When you opt for ADSL broadband you can usually access faster broadband access in most areas. With ADSL broadband in Australia the speeds can range from 256 kilobits per second (Kbps) to up to 8 megabits per second (Mbps)
- Enjoy wireless access: When it comes to ADSL modems you can benefit from wireless technology as well as wired technology, which means that you can benefit from greater flexibility and freedom when it comes to getting online
With regards to who can get access to ADSL broadband, you will usually be able to benefit from this technology as long as you are within a four kilometre radius of the telephone exchange.
ADSL2+ is basically the upgraded version of ADSL broadband, which means that you can look forward to enhanced benefits from this technology compared to the more basic ADSL broadband service. With more and more people wanting increased speed and convenience when it comes to their broadband service, ADSL2+ is becoming more popular, particularly as competition is stiff and prices are becoming more affordable.
Top ADSL2+ Broadband Plans
With ADSL2+ broadband you can enjoy all of the benefits that you get with ADSL broadband but with enhanced benefits such as:
- Availability from even greater distances: Whilst ADSL broadband is available if you are within four kilometres of the telephone exchange ADSL2+ offers services from even greater distances, which makes it more accessible to a higher number of people
- Faster speeds: Whilst the speeds that you get with ADSL broadband are considered fast, particularly when you compare them to dial up broadband services, with ADSL2+ broadband you get to enjoy even faster speeds of 24Mbps or even more, which means much faster downloads and uploads, far greater convenience and the ability to engage in even more activities online with minimal hassle or delays
On top of this, you get to enjoy all of the other benefits of ADSL broadband, such as wireless access through a wireless modem and being able to benefit from an always-on connection.Both ADSL and ADSL2+ technologies have become increasingly affordable and accessible over recent years, which means that a rising number of people have been able to benefit from getting connected to these services. This means that they have been able to enjoy better speeds, greater reliability, far greater convenience, and the opportunity to do even more via the Internet.