Business broadband is not a type of broadband connection but is instead a type of plan that Internet Service Providers (ISPs) offer to their business users. While most companies nowadays rely on the internet for some functions such as work emailing and staying in touch with vendors, there are a whole host of businesses in different industries that simply would not be able to function if it wasn’t for the internet. Therefore, broadband is extremely important to business users, which is why ISPs are offering dedicated business broadband service plans.
Top Business Broadband Plans
What Broadband are you looking for?
Features of business broadband
Business broadband is an internet connection that is far more reliable than a standard connection. It also has many features that are extremely valuable to business owners but would not be of much use in homes. Following are the features of business broadband. It is important to note that these features are not standard in all plans and do differ from ISP to ISP. The size and nature of your business will also determine which features you will be provided in your business broadband.
- Enhanced security features: Although business broadband is more expensive than home broadband, companies do not fret over the added cost, which would be worth it even if added security was the only additional feature they were getting, which is far from being the case with most plans anyway. One of the biggest concerns facing a business is the loss of important data and information. When it comes to securing their business data, companies have to protect it from two main dangers. These are:
- Malicious viruses: Any computer system and internet connection is at risk from malicious viruses such as malware, spyware and other types of viruses that can completely destroy your system. If your computer suffers a virus attack, all your important data could be corrupted beyond repair. There is also the danger of unauthorized people getting hold of classified company information if they know how to attack your system with the right kind of virus. Hence, added security features in business broadband are a huge boon.
- Hackers: The other danger apart from viruses that a business faces is that of hackers. Most businesses have a lot of information about their clients for business purposes. If this information were to fall into the hands of hackers, it could literally spell doom for the business. Also, all companies have to protect their systems from being spied upon by their competitors. All this can only be possible with advanced security features such as those that are available from business broadband.
- Backup facilities: Having adequate backup facilities in place is another important feature that is available to business broadband users. Regardless of how many precautions you take with your data, there is always the chance that something goes wrong and your system crashes. Even if the system does not crash completely, important data can still be lost through virus attacks. If you lose vital data because a virus erased all your files and you do not have backup for those files, then your business could suffer greatly. Therefore, adequate backup facilities are immensely important to business owners.
As a business broadband subscriber, you can expect to get great backup services. Your ISP will have an offsite backup service, which means that all your important business data will be kept safe at a location that is not on your business premises. Hence, in the event that your hard drive crashes or perhaps your business suffers from fire or theft, you can rest assured that the lifeline of your business is safe.
- Shared networking: Another great feature available with business broadband is the networking feature. With this feature, it is possible to connect multiple devices to a single network and use just one broadband connection for all the devices. While this feature is available with domestic broadband too, the slower speeds are often a deterrent for creating very large shared networks.
- Superior support: Regardless of which type of broadband you subscribe to, you will be offered some support from your ISP. Most consumers are provided with a number for the helpline or an email address to which they can send in their queries. While these features will usually be ideal for home users, business owners as a business who cannot do with any kind of downtime, no matter how small the duration will want more support options. Therefore, it is extremely important for businesses to have a reliable broadband connection and one in which they get immediate support. All this is provided in a business broadband package, which typically provides the following kind of support:
- A dedicated number for immediate assistance and support.
- Services of an expert engineer who is available to fix the broadband internet in as little time as possible.
- Many ISPs also offer a service level agreement which is a kind of assurance for the business owners. If the ISP is unable to fix the broadband connection within the time specified for such problems, then they will have to pay compensation to the business owner.
- Some ISP’s also provide offsite support. This means that an engineer will be able to control the system from an offsite location so that remote repair is possible.
- Another great support feature that is not available to home users but is standard for business broadband subscribers is that of a backup connection. The ISP will typically provide a dial-up connection that can be used as a backup in case the broadband is unavailable. However, this connection is usually not a full-fledged one but can be used for work emails.
- Static connection: Although this is not common knowledge, home broadband users are generally allocated a different IP address whenever they browse the internet. While this is not such a big issue, it does make it impossible to use things like email servers since these require a static IP address for functioning properly. Hence, if a business wants to make use of such things, they will need a static IP address each time, which can only be provided by a business broadband connection.
With all these amazing features being a part of business broadband packages, it is no wonder that more and more business owners are opting for business broadband in spite of its higher cost.
Benefits of business broadband
- 24/7 Premium customer and technical Support
- Unlimited uploads
- Consistent performance
- Super-fast uploads and downloads
- Business connectivity options
- Capped excess data fees
- Static IP
TPG Business Mobile Broadband Plans
Say good bye to capped browsing and laggy internet connections, but ensure you know how much you're spending as business broadband plans can get expensive very quickly. Make sure you shop around for service provider quotes and identify your needs; often, paying slightly more for an unlimited plan may be a better option than a 100GB heavy use plan. Also, if you're looking to bundle in additional services, you could save a fair amount of money every month, so stay on the look-out for promotional offers and freebies. Additionally, be on the look out for extra technical service and business connectivity services as service providers may be inclined to provide more benefits for high paying business customers.