What Broadband are you looking for?
The broadband industry is a very competitive industry where only the giants thrive. However, the middle-enterprise company People Telecom have thrived over the years proving that size does not matter when you have innovative solutions and quality service offered to people.
People Telecom was founded by Ryan O’Hare and Colin Marland in 2000 as Swiftel Communications. It is mainly a reseller of telecommunications products, such as internet access and phone services. From its humble beginnings, People Telecom has risen to the ranks and became one of the largest internet service providers which offer various kinds of retail and wholesale broadband products. In 2004, it was already considered the seventh largest telecommunications provider next to Primus.
Despite its size compared to big name companies, People Telecom was the first company to offer ADSL2+ services in Australia under the Telstra network. The passion to provide quality products and services is evident to the steady and significant growth of the company since its inception – growth which was noticed by Deloitte Fast 50, an institution which recognises the 500 fastest growing companies all over the world. The companies chosen were those who are under different areas of technology. Deloitte Fast 50 has given that recognition to People Telecom by including it on their list in 2005.
In 2008, another telecom company, M2, acquired People Telecom for $17 million. The merger has provided distinction for both companies with People Telecom focusing on the retail aspect of the company.
Why People Telecom?
Not all companies are perfect. Each has seen their fair share of ups and downs and People Telecom is not exempted from them. The company has experienced some debacle with its clients; the good thing, however, is it has promised to find solutions and better the situation – a promise that it has fulfilled. Below are some of the reasons why People Telecom has become one of the leaders in the field.
- It is a fully-owned and operated Australian company. Unlike many other big name companies which have foreign roots, People Telecom proudly declares the fact that it is 100% Australian-owned. This means that they understand the Australian psyche as a whole tailoring their products to what the people need and want. Because of this, it has become a name synonymous to high quality broadband products ideal for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- It is armed with an Australian support staff. Most companies today outsource their support staff to cut costs. People Telecom, on the other hand, has learned that this method can cost more greatly as customer complaints soared. Since they have no complete control to the outsourced staff, it was difficult to troubleshoot the problem. After the event, however, the company has made a major overhaul on its customer support by establishing a support team which is 100% Australian with headquarters in Hobart and Adelaide.
- It is a full service telecommunications company. What does being a full service company mean? It means that the company can not only provide the different kinds of telecom and broadband products, but provides all the support and service needed for those products. Some of these supports include PeopleNet – their online account management tool – virtual private networks, billing and online services, Internet, mobile, and many more.
Because it is a full service company, their support team is available 24/7. Moreover, they have self-help tools and materials which can be readily accessed online to help answer your questions and find solution for your problems.
- It has an easy and efficient billing system. People Telecom has established its PeopleNet online billing and account management tool for free to its customers. Through this system, you can manage, change, and update your account. It also allows you to conveniently pay your bills online and track down your account by creating a report or setting up an alert.
Products and Services
People Telecom offers a broad range of telecommunication products and services which includes mobile and landline plans, broadband, and data.
- Mobile Phone Plans and Products – Simplicity is the key to People Telecom’s plans; thus, customers will not be frustrated in having to sort through a lot of confusing mobile phone plans. Instead, you only have to choose between two – the Inside Edge Super Cap Plan and the Blackberry Super Cap for Blackberry users. These plans can either be bundled or individual and capped saving you the worry of paying more than your budget. In addition, the telecom company offers a wide range of mobile phones and Smartphones with their plans and do not require deposit fees.
- Fixed Line Plans – People Telecom also offers plans for your fixed line which can be bundled with your People mobile phone. These plans give you free People to People calls. Moreover, they also offer a Multi Line and Fax Broadcast Service.
The Inside Edge Multi Line service can support 10 to 30 lines connected to a national voice network with low call rates. The Multi Line product is free upon installation and flexible when you need to add more lines in the future. Moreover, it has an efficient one bill system which consolidates all services into a single bill for easy monitoring.
On the other hand, their Business Fax Broadcast services are ideal for B2B settings which allow you to exchange massive data on a secure network. It also allows you to choose and broadcast different media types anywhere in the world at competitive rates.
- Broadband Plans – People Telecom has broadband services for both residential and business settings. These flat-rate fixed plans are categorised into three with an additional category under the business plans.
- Residential Broadband: .Under this plan, you get a dynamic IP address, 10 email addresses with 30MB of email storage space, and 50MB of web space.
- Wireless 2go Broadband: As the name suggests, this is wireless internet which allows you to access the Internet anytime and anywhere you go with a USB modem.
- BYO Wireless 2go: If you already have a device, you can just buy a SIM or micro SIM and plug it in to access wireless broadband internet anywhere you go.
- OnStream VPN and Internet: This product is under their business plans which operate on a secure and reliable network system allowing you to exchange information securely between various locations throughout the whole country. The virtual private network allows you to connect with clients and suppliers across Australia through a dedicated IP network whether you are at home or on the go.
Other key features of this plan include unlimited data, performance reports for efficient business management, and a flexible product range which can be customised to your needs.
- Data and Hosting Plans – Just like its broadband plans, People Telecom’s email and web hosting services are both for residential and businesses. Some of the services included in the plan include a 2-year domain name registration, domain name hosting, and web hosting with email. In addition to the services offered, the features include Linux-based Apache servers, PHP, and MySQL database for a more efficient and faster operation.
People Telecom has continued to thrive and grow steadily as a company despite various setbacks. With the promise of better service, the telecom company has continued give quality products with improved customer service to keep their cutting edge in this competitive industry. This dedication has paid off as they continue to earn awards and recognition for their service.