What Broadband are you looking for?
Southern Cross Telco is a company that goes by with two other names, Southern Cross Mobile and Southern Cross Telco & Mobile. The company was established in 1994 and is based in Hobart, Tasmania. The company uses the GSM and CDMA networks of another Australian telecom giant, Telstra while reselling Optus internet services. The telecom company is a full service provider of dial-up, broadband, and ADSL2+ products nationwide. Not only do they offer broadband services, but landline and mobile phones as well.
The company used to be a subsidiary of Orion Telecommunications owned by a US based company, Newtel. The telecom group has various foreign subsidiaries based in Spain, Ireland, and the UK. The biggest subsidiary, however, is Southern Cross Telco with 51,000 and annual revenue of $44 million.
In 2007, the company was acquired by another telecom company, M2. M2 Telecom is one of the fastest telecom groups and has acquired various notable telecom groups since it was founded in 1999. Some of these telecom companies include Unitel, Commander Communications, and Primus.The telecom group has 450 people working under it and have offices strategically located in Sydney, Hobart, Brisbane, Perth, and Wollongong. Its main headquarters is in Melbourne and is also a major ISP in New Zealand. With the merger, the company has promised to offer the ‘benefits of a small company with big company savings.’ This means that you get the same personalised care while saving a lot from the wider range of products they are offering.
The Southern Cross Telco Edge
Over the years, Southern Cross Telco has emerged to become a significant player with a dedicated number of subscribers because of its ‘NO’ policies, which include no contracts, no to monthly fees, and no to connection fees. With the 5-star service principle, they have continued to attract clients.
- No Contract – Unlike other telecom companies which will lock you up in a 12 or 24 month contract, Southern Cross Telco has no contract. However, you are required to subscribe for a maximum of six months or a $110 exit fee will be charged.
- No Setup Fees – Another reason why many people choose Southern Cross Telco is because of its no set-up scheme on its broadband plans. Unlike other companies which will charge you with exorbitant setup fees, Southern Cross has made broadband much accessible to its clients and would be clients.
- No Extra Charges – All plans are shaped so that when you exceed your monthly data allowance, there will be no excess charges. What will happen is that your speed will be slower until the next billing cycle starts again.
- Affordable Plans – When you are on a tight budget, what you need is reliable connection with an affordable price. Though it may sound difficult years ago, Southern Cross Telco has made this combination possible with its affordable prices for your various needs.
- Local Customer Service Support – When you have any complaints, there is nothing as frustrating than talking to someone who does not understand you. But with a customer support staff based in Australia, you do not need to worry about getting lost in translation.
- Holiday Rewards – These benefits and rewards are given if you join or renew your subscription on selected Southern Cross Telco products which can amount up to $2000 and you can use on your next holiday. In order to know which products are eligible for holiday rewards, you can call their customer support which is available 24/7.
- Wide Range of Products – With a wide range, it means a complete suite of broadband and telecommunications products which can give you more savings when you opt for a bundled plan. This will save you the hassle of paying different providers for various services.
What Products Does Southern Cross Offer?
Southern Cross Telco specialises in reselling various kinds of broadband products. Three of the most popular are ADSL, ADSL2+, and mobile broadband. However, they also offer fixed line for both residential and business purposes. These also come in standalone or bundled packages.
- Mobile Broadband - When it comes to mobile broadband, Southern Cross gives you two options to choose from – the Standard Mobile Broadband Package or the BYO Mobile Broadband. Both plans have three monthly data allowance to suit your needs – 1GB, 2GB, and 5GB. Therefore, whatever type of user you are, there is an affordable plan for you.
The difference between a Standard Mobile Broadband and BYO Broadband Package is that in a standard package you are given a USB modem which you can plug to your device and allows you to access the Internet anytime within a designated Wi-Fi zone. On the other hand, you are provided a SIM card for your BYO Broadband Package which will allow you to use your phone to access the Internet.
- Broadband – Broadband products offered by Southern Cross uses both ADSL and ADSL2+. ADSL products are ideal for light users and have a 1.5Mbps/256Kbs Speed. The data allowance under this technology is 5GB.
On the other hand, the ADSL2+ products have two options – 150GB and 1000GB which runs up to 8Mbps. So if you are a heavy user, these plans are perfect for you with a monthly fee of less than $100.
The Southern Cross Broadband plans support rapid transfer which means you can transfer from one ISP to another at a much cheaper price. The catch, however, is that the other ISP also supports rapid transfer and works under the Telstra network.
- Business Phone – If you have a company and are looking for a cheaper plan that will not limit your calls, Southern Cross Telco has two kinds of business phone plans for you – Business Excel and Business National and Freedom.
The Business Excel plan has four categories to choose from according to your needs – Excel Starter, Excel Basic, Excel Advance, and Excel Premium. Under these plans, you get your first 10 minutes SCT to SCT calls for free. Furthermore, the Business Excel Plans allow you to have a maximum of 10 PSTN lines and 3 ISDN lines. Therefore, if you need multiple lines for your business, you can greatly benefit from it without hurting your treasury.
On the other hand, if you are just a small business and looking for a simple and cheap plan, the Business National and Freedom Plan is for you. These plans allow you to make local and national calls which starts at $39.95.
- Mobile Phones – Do you want to upgrade your handset but does not want to be locked in a contract? Southern Cross Telco has the latest and newest Smartphones in the market at very affordable repayment plans. What more, you are never locked in a contract. If you want to know more about their terms and conditions regarding their handset repayment plans, you can call or visit their stores near you.
How to Get Southern Cross Services?
If you think that Southern Cross Telco’s broadband and mobile plans are the right fit for your budget and needs, you can check their service availability first through their online Broadband Checker. All you need to do is enter your area code and click the ‘Submit’ button, after which you will receive an overview of your area status, such as network speed.
If you want further information about their products, services, and fees, you can always call their customer service which is always ready to entertain any questions you have about their products.