Transact Capital Communications is a telecom company which is a product of careful planning by a visionary team of experts headed by ACTEW Executive, Neville Smith. The plan started in 1996 to build a company based on the Open Access Network philosophy.
What Broadband are you looking for?
The Open Access Network or OAN business model shows that the network administrator does not provide or supply the services for the network, but rather, it is the different retail providers who do that job. As opposed to one network provider which has monopoly over different types of services, the OAN model lets various providers compete in the same network with competitive prices. This is an advantage for consumers who always get the best because of the competition.
With that philosophy, Transact, which is based in Canberra, is in a league of its own providing different types of telecommunications products such as broadband, fixed line, mobile phones, and cable services in that area. The company which was partly owned by Actew Corporation was acquired by iiNet Limited in a merger in November 2011.
Headed by the best of the best in the industry, Transact has a wide array of customers which is composed of 150,000 product-based costumers, 50 government and federal state agencies, and 5,000 businesses. The number itself is evidence of the excellence and dedication of the company to provide the best services to its customers.
Why Choose Transact?
Transact Telecom mainly operates in the ACT territory and has been the major provider in that area. Other areas of operation include New South Wales, Canberra, Queanbeyan, Ballarat, Mildura, and Geelong. From personal use to government offices, Transact offers residential, government, business, and reseller services. If asked the reason why Transact is the telecom company for you, there are a hundred and one reasons –figuratively speaking - why this company is a cut above the rest.
- An innovative company – Since its inception, Transact is already a picture of what an innovative company is. Long before other businesses thought about it, Transact has built its foundation with the innovative Open Access Network philosophy. From there, they have continued to develop and introduce ground-breaking telecommunication products and solutions.
- Reliable Network – With speeds of 15000K/256k and 8Mbps/256k, the company has established and maintained their own broadband networks offering various alternatives such as cable, ADSL, fibre-to-premise, and wireless canopies. Their state-of-the-art network gives resellers and ISPs a superb platform for any types of telecommunications services.
- Local Support – Most companies nowadays outsource their customer support to cut costs. Oftentimes, this leads to a misunderstanding due to language barriers which results in poor customer support and frustrated customers. Transact, on the other hand, remains true to its mission of providing quality products and impeccable support by employing locals. This means that the people you talk to really understand where you are coming from and will go out of their way to help you in any way.
- World Class Partners – You can tell a company’s reputation by the partners it has. Transact has partnered with multinational companies such as Alcatel Lucent which gives you the assurance that you will also get world-class service.
What Does Transact Offer?
- Wholesale – This category or product is catered to wholesale customers who include resellers, carriers, and ISPs which are located in Victoria and the Australian Central Territory or ACT. The products inside this category are VPN services (layer 2), Wholesale IP, Data Centre Services, and ISP access.
- VPN Services: This is a virtual private network which smoothly and efficiently consolidates various sites to be connected. Using Point-to-Point links, Transact’s VPN allows easy management and scalability which leads to more savings. The virtual network is built on high-quality MPLS core which ensures your peace of mind because of its reliability and high level of security.
- Wholesale IP: This service includes an unmetered IP, the cost of which is based on the bandwidth provisioned rather than the usage. This service is delivered through an inter-capital transport ring which is highly protected.
- Data Centre Services: The infrastructure used to deliver this service is based in Canberra and has world-class technology. Aside from the high-level of security, it also includes interconnection with other providers such as Telstra and Optus, secure access to their facilities all-year round, and up-to-date heating and cooling systems which are necessary in data centres. Moreover, a strong support staff is also included to ensure that your business runs smoothly.
- Enterprise and Government – The products and services in this category include various telecommunications products which are customised to fit the needs of a big company or government office. The products under this category are divided into two – enterprise communications and data and internet services. These products are meant to enhance communication in these sectors through state-of-the-art telecommunication systems such as PABX systems, unified communications, conference and collaboration, and many more.
- Business Plans – This is ideal for businesses and companies, with competitive prices. Other plans under this category include mobile, broadband, phone and broadband package, and web hosting.
- Business Phone Solutions: This allows you to have PSTN connections and ISDN connections of up to 30 lines. The call rates are competitive and give you a lot of savings for your business with the low monthly costs.
- Mobile Solutions: Transact has a wide range of mobile solutions that complement your needs and your budget. They offer endless mobile plans which has unlimited calls, voicemail, and messaging features for your needs. Moreover, if you want to have the latest handsets, they also have affordable plans which features unlimited everything.
- Broadband: You can choose from various broadband technologies such as VDSL, ADSL, ADSL2+, FTN, or National ADSL. If you want to save more, you can opt for a phone and broadband bundle which has up to 150GB of monthly data allowance.
- Web Hosting: Whether you are a small or mid-sized business that wants to build a strong web presence, there is a plan tailor-made for your needs. You won’t have to worry about paying an exorbitant price which will hurt your profits. If you want to have the basics, you can have the E-Basic plan which has 1GB of monthly data transfer, 15 email boxes, includes email hosting, and a 500MB of data storage space.
On the other hand, if you want a bigger monthly data transfer and more email boxes, you can opt for the E-Biz plan which is double the E-Basic plan. Moreover, you can choose between Windows or Linux as your server software.
- Pay TV – Aside from phones and broadband packages, Transact offers PayTV services which will further enhance your multimedia experience. You also have the option to bundle this service with your phone and broadband package and avail of bigger discounts. An advantage when you bundle your services together is the ease of payment – you won’t have to worry of multiple bills paid to different providers. Instead, you are saved from the hassle of endless calculations every month as to which bill gets paid first.
Transact continues to evolve and innovate so that you, together with the other 30,000 subscribers in Victoria and ACT, will always get the latest and most reliable technology of the best quality.