Compare Vodafone Broadband Plans: Fast & Affordable Mobile Internet Access
Broadband internet is available for those on the move by accessing the Vodafone mobile broadband network. A fully portable network that’s convenient because you are not reliant on a fixed landline. This means you can check your emails, look up friends on Facebook, or simply surf the net on the train, in the car, in the backyard at home, or down the beach.Vodafone is one of the largest of the world’s telecommunication companies. It has its own broadband internet networks in no less than 25 countries scattered around the globe as well as having access to internet networks in 42 others. There are over three million people who use Vodafone mobile phone services and the number taking up high speed broadband internet through Vodafone is growing steadily. Vodafone have a large range of plans offering mobile internet services through its 3G network in Australian capital and regional cities and its coverage is expanding rapidly.
Three Vodafone Mobile Broadband Options
There are three basic mobile broadband internet options available to you when you decide to sign up to a Vodafone mobile internet service, these are:
- Prepaid. A series of plans that allow you to pay for your data usage upfront. As you use up what you have paid for you can purchase more. This is an ideal way to manage your online needs and make sure you always know exactly what you will be spending on your internet access, and never spend more than you can afford. It is you who is in control and you will be free to do as you wish. You will find it easy to buy recharge data any time you need it as Vodafone have over 20,000 recharge agencies around the country.
- Month by Month. A means by which you can obtain large amounts of data without having to commit to a formal contract. With this type of arrangement you can use your data amount whenever you want to. You are not tied to a monthly charge and you can start and stop whenever you wish, as well as being able to change plans whenever your circumstances change. With a month by month mobile broadband internet option you give yourself the freedom of prepaid but enjoy the data costs of a contract plan.
- Contract Plans. Vodafone mobile broadband internet plans can be taken out over periods of either 12 or 24 months. With a Vodafone mobile contract you give yourself the best available data rates as well as the freedom to change plans if you find the plan you are on is not completely suitable. You may also find yourself eligible for a free starter USB modem or alternatively a pocket Wi-Fi.
12 Month Plans
24 Month Plans
Mobile Broadband Satisfaction Trial
Vodafone have introduced a mobile broadband satisfaction trial that allows you to cancel your agreement with Vodafone within 30 days of signing on if you are not fully satisfied with the coverage you receive. If this is the case, Vodafone will waive their cancellation fee and you will only have to pay for the amount of data you’ve used. The company is doing this so they will be able to provide the best value service and add more to your already outstanding customer experience.Although you may find mobile broadband internet is not as fast as your home phone or business based ADSL2+
, it is still sufficiently fast to enable you to enjoy its usage without stress or frustration. Especially if you are anywhere near the CBD of the town you happen to be located in at the time of making a connection.
Vodafone Broadband Internet Modems
To be able to access the mobile broadband internet network you need to have a modem. With Vodafone you have a choice of whether you use your own modem, if you have one, or accept one from Vodafone. There are a few modems available, these being:
- Vodafone Mega modem. This is a business level modem that is designed to work in several countries. It is particularly useful if you intend to travel overseas.
- Pocket Wi-Fi 2. A little modem that easily fits into your pocket but it allows you to share your connection with five other wireless devices at the one time.
- Vodafone Starter USB modem. The modem most people choose when they initially sign up to a Vodafone mobile internet plan.
Vodafone iPad Plans
Vodafone Business Plans
If you have your own modem and do not need to purchase another, you must first make certain that it is compatible with the Vodafone mobile broadband internet network. If so, you must then have it unlocked. Most modems are locked so that they only work for the company that initially supplied them (you may have to contact your present provider to help you unlock it successfully). You then insert your Vodafone 3G SIM card into your unlocked modem and change the modem settings in the connection manager software. If you chose a prepaid account you simply obtain a Vodafone Starter Kit from a Vodafone reseller. You then activate the account by following the instructions that come with the kit.